The addition cranberries in this pie is a great way to dress up canned cherry pie filling--the two flavors really compliment each other. --Rita Krajcir
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with the edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in cherry pie filling. Spoon into crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Whisk together egg white and water; brush over crust. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Cover the edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Cherry Pie in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p279
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Cherry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review