Favorite Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
BOTH my sister-in-law and I both make this for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We both are aware that the other will have it on her menu, but we make it anyway. It’s a family favorite, which has become a tradition for holiday meals.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add syrup and lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in egg until blended. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC