Favorite Cranberry Apple Crisp
BOTH my sister-in-law and I both make this for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We both are aware that the other will have it on her menu, but we make it anyway. It’s a family favorite, which has become a tradition for holiday meals.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add syrup and lemon
- juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in egg until
- blended. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is
- golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield:
- 8 servings.