Favorite Cranberry Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add syrup and lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in egg until blended. Sprinkle over fruit. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Cranberry Apple Crisp(1)
Sort By :
This was a real hit! I asked my sister to help review it and she said words like "refreshing". "light", "like candy". We also liked the unique topping - not just the usual brown sugar variety. It reminded my sister of a "brittle" almost. The cranberry/apple combination was great!