Favorite Cran-Apple Crisp Recipe
Valerie Jones of Portland, Maine says, "Cranberries add unique flavor and color to an ever-popular apple crisp."
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Combine apples and cranberries in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Toss oats, walnuts, butter and sugar; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Cran-Apple Crisp
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2014
"Delicious crisp. The cranberries make it special."
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2013
"Delicious dessert for the fall. A good way to use apples from your tree. I did cut the sugar down to 3/4 cup in lieu of 1 cup. Cranberries gave it a good flavor."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC