Valerie Jones of Portland, Maine says, "Cranberries add unique flavor and color to an ever-popular apple crisp."
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine apples and cranberries in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Toss oats, walnuts, butter and sugar; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Crisp in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p19
Reviews for Favorite Cran-Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2014
"Delicious crisp. The cranberries make it special."
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2013
"Delicious dessert for the fall. A good way to use apples from your tree. I did cut the sugar down to 3/4 cup in lieu of 1 cup. Cranberries gave it a good flavor."