Favorite Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
When my brother arrives at family gatherings, the first thing he asks is whether or not I brought this appetizer!
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 48 whole medium mushrooms
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in flour until
- smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in
- the bread cubes, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in the
- mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper; set aside. Remove and chop