- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 pound creamy coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the coleslaw, mayonnaise, onion, dill and salt. Stir in crab.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Add to coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Crab Pasta Salad
"I added peas to this....it was delicious"
"I made this and my husband loved it. I thought it was good too. I changed it though. for the coleslaw, I used a 1lb bag of coleslaw from the produce section. For the crab meat I used 2-8oz pkgs of imitation crab meat from pollock. I used extra mayo and reduced the amount of pasta to 1/2 as I didn't want that many carbs in the dish. I was great. Good recipe for potluck as it made a lot."
"easy, tasty. must be careful which coleslaw one buys, mine was on the sweet side; with the crab, a little too sweet for our taste."
"This is so easy and amazing. My husband loved this. I made it on a weekday and used whole wheat pasta shells. Definitely a keeper"
"I made this but used two cans of drained whole petite shrimp instead of the crab. I also added 1/2tsp of the Old Bay seasoning. It was very good. I never thought of mixing coleslaw mix into a pasta salad so this was different for us. Very tasty."