- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 pound creamy coleslaw
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- 2 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the coleslaw, mayonnaise, onion, dill and salt. Stir in crab.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Add to coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Crab Pasta Salad
"I added peas to this....it was delicious"
"I made this and my husband loved it. I thought it was good too. I changed it though. for the coleslaw, I used a 1lb bag of coleslaw from the produce section. For the crab meat I used 2-8oz pkgs of imitation crab meat from pollock. I used extra mayo and reduced the amount of pasta to 1/2 as I didn't want that many carbs in the dish. I was great. Good recipe for potluck as it made a lot."
"easy, tasty. must be careful which coleslaw one buys, mine was on the sweet side; with the crab, a little too sweet for our taste."
"I make this with different herbs-whatever is fresh and on hand. Never thought to add coleslaw before but it was a different kind of good. I do add a cup or so of frozen peas for color and because my family likes them in any cold salad."
"I'll be picking up some slaw from KFC...this sounds DELISH!!! And fresh crab would be an added bonus of tastiness!!!"