- 1-2/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer. Gradually whisk in cornmeal; simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the sugar, butter and salt. Remove from the heat; cool to 110°-115°.
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add cornmeal mixture, eggs and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 15 pieces. Shape each piece into a roll. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 rolls.
Originally published as Cornmeal Pan Rolls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p119
Reviews for Favorite Cornmeal Pan Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review