Favorite Corn Pudding Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1-2/3 cups cracker crumbs, divided
- 1. In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute pepper and onion until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Slowly blend in egg yolks. Remove from the heat; fold in corn, pimientos and 1 cup crumbs. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Melt remaining butter and toss with remaining crumbs; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Favorite Corn Pudding
"Made this for dinner tonight, it has a different taste to it. The pimientos add a lot of flavor, and it's addicting to eat!"
"Very good and different from the ubiquitous very sweet cornbready puddings."