Favorite Corn Pudding
This recipe has been in our family for over 40 years, and was handed down to me by my aunt. I have tried many other recipes for corn pudding, but I always come back to this one. We enjoy this dish all through the year for any celebration. Whenever I take it to a get-together, there is never a bit left over!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1-2/3 cups cracker crumbs, divided
- In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute
- pepper and onion until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir
- until well blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until
- thickened. Slowly blend in egg yolks. Remove from the heat; fold in
- corn, pimientos and 1 cup crumbs. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt.
- casserole. Melt remaining butter and toss with remaining crumbs;
- sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40
- minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.