Favorite Corn Pudding Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 jars (2 ounces each) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1-2/3 cups cracker crumbs, divided
- 1. In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute pepper and onion until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Slowly blend in egg yolks. Remove from the heat; fold in corn, pimientos and 1 cup crumbs. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole. Melt remaining butter and toss with remaining crumbs; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Favorite Corn Pudding
"Made this for dinner tonight, it has a different taste to it. The pimientos add a lot of flavor, and it's addicting to eat!"
"Very good and different from the ubiquitous very sweet cornbready puddings."