Favorite Corn Bread
Carol Allen of McLeansboro, Illinois shares her recipe for Favorite Corn Bread. "A great addition to any meal, this corn bread uses basic ingredients and is simple to make," reports Carol.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, eggs and shortening; beat for 1 minute. Pour into a
- greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes
- or until bread is golden brown and tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 210 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.