Favorite Corn Bread Salad Recipe
This salad is so tasty it brings everyone back asking for seconds. Serve it with roast chicken and vegetables to round out a satisfying meal.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine corn bread mix, egg and milk; mix well. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into cubes and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, onion, bacon and pickles; toss gently. Combine the mayonnaise and pickle juice; mix well. Layer half of the corn bread, tomato mixture and mayonnaise mixture in a large glass bowl; repeat layers. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 349 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Corn Bread Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC