Favorite Corn Bread Salad
Despite my hectic schedule, I enjoy cooking for family and friends. This recipe is one of my favorites.Pam Holloway, Marion, Louisiana
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions; stir in
- one can of Mexicorn. Bake according to package directions. Cool and
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbled corn bread, tomatoes, green
- pepper, onion and remaining corn. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Serve or refrigerate. Yield: 10-12 servings.