- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cola
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a large skillet, combine first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Add chicken; stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Cola Chicken
Sort By :
"Great recipe --I have used coke and Dr Pepper and everyone liked the Dr Pepper more."
"I did use regular pepsi, fresh garlic and also added a pinch of salt and pepper to the recipe. It turned out much better, I'm sure, using the changes. The sauce ended up being perfect as well as the chicken tender."
"There wasn't enough flavor to satisfy my family. It's very unusual for me to have to throw away any leftovers, but some of this ended up In the wastebasket. I hate to give a mediocre review, so I offer our experience with a grain of salt. :("
"This came out great, I do use regular cola but plan on trying DR. Pepper next time I make this. I use italian seasoning and fresh garlic. I also add in onion powder to taste. Instead of putting the lid on for the first part of the cooking leave the lid adajar and the sauce will thicken much better."
"It did not look like the picture...the sauce did not thicken like pictured. I used regular cola instead of diet. The taste was good and my kids ate it, so I'll definitely make again."