Favorite Cola Chicken
Everyone who tries this chicken asks for the recipe. They're surprised to hear that soda is the secret ingredient! —Jean Jarvis, Wautoma, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cola
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a large skillet, combine first five ingredients. Bring to a boil;
- boil for 1 minute. Add chicken; stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium;
- cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.