Everyone who tries this chicken asks for the recipe. They're surprised to hear that soda is the secret ingredient! —Jean Jarvis, Wautoma, Wisconsin
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cola
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a large skillet, combine first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Add chicken; stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cola Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p43
Reviews for Favorite Cola Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review