- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cola
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a large skillet, combine first five ingredients. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Add chicken; stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Cola Chicken
"This is a very tasty dish and my family loved it. I followed the recipe and made no changes. This even tastes great the next day."
"Great recipe for chicken thighs. I also thought the sauce was thin so I removed the chicken after it was cooked, raised the flame under the pot and let the sauce cook down to the desired consistency. Delicious!"
"Great recipe --I have used coke and Dr Pepper and everyone liked the Dr Pepper more."
"I did use regular pepsi, fresh garlic and also added a pinch of salt and pepper to the recipe. It turned out much better, I'm sure, using the changes. The sauce ended up being perfect as well as the chicken tender."
"There wasn't enough flavor to satisfy my family. It's very unusual for me to have to throw away any leftovers, but some of this ended up In the wastebasket. I hate to give a mediocre review, so I offer our experience with a grain of salt. :("