- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Christmas Breakfast Casserole
"It was pretty good. My kids loved it though. I changed it slightly. I fried a little link sausage a little and omitted the bacon. Instead of salt and pepper I used Tony's Cajun seasoning. Also added diced canned jalapeno peppers to taste with the sausage on top. Next time I will add chopped onion, minced garlic with the sausage when I fry it. Maybe green pepper too."
"Fabulous Christmas Breakfast Casserole !!!!"
"So delicious! Easy healthified with whole wheat bread (no need to remove crusts), reduced fat cheese, turkey bacon, & egg whites from a carton. Enjoy!- Theresa"
"I enjoyed this recipe. I will definitely be making this again. Thank You."
"Made this for Christmas brunch and my family loved it, myself included, and I am not the biggest fan of eggs. This is definitely going to be repeated."