Favorite Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe
After church services on Christmas morning, our family enjoys this easy, make-head casserole. I’d also recommend it for a special breakfast or brunch any time of the year.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC