Favorite Chrismas Breakfast Casserole
After church services on Christmas morning, our family enjoys this easy, make-head casserole. I’d also recommend it for a special breakfast or brunch any time of the year.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and
- cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and
- pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.