Favorite Chocolate Cookies
"These crispy cookies, studded with white chocolate, are my husband's absolute favorite," writes Selena Redel of Consort, Alberta. "I often double the recipe and freeze half of the dough, so I can bake a warm batch in a jiffy."
27 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the
- flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in chips and pecans if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.