Favorite Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips and pecans if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"These are good cookies, but I wasn't amazed. Mine came out crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. I will keep this recipe in mind, but continue my search for a perfect chocolate cookie."
"Made these for a bbq we're going to tomorrow. I hope I don't eat them all before then. They're fantastic! I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa and dark chocolate chips. Gonna have to try them with peanut butter chips."
"These cookies are really easy and GOOD!! I only had a small handful of chocolate chips and a half bag of butterscotch chips left so I combined them and they were yummy! I cannot wait, however to try these with white chocolate or peanut butter chips as others have stated!!"
"Wonderful with peanut butter chips... but want to try with other chips as well."
"I doubled the batch. One with peanut butter chips and the other with white chocolate. My husband likes the white chocolate better. They came out great. I had to fuss with my cookies (and new oven) until I read a hint about putting the rack one slot above the middle. I've had perfect cookies since. These will go into my 'favorite recipe' box. I can't wait to share them at work tomorrow."