"These crispy cookies, studded with white chocolate, are my husband's absolute favorite," writes Selena Redel of Consort, Alberta. "I often double the recipe and freeze half of the dough, so I can bake a warm batch in a jiffy."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips and pecans if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Favorite Chocolate Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p55
Reviews for Favorite Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review