Favorite Chocolate Cake
This cake is extra chocolaty. The recipe makes a perfect number of servings, so leftovers are never a problem.Janice Arnold, Gansevoort, New York
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add egg and butter; mix
- well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.