Favorite Chili Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger-size pretzel buns or hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef, chili sauce and chili powder, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties. Place 2 tablespoons cheese onto the center of each of four patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 479 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,028 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Chili Cheeseburgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.