Favorite Chili Cheeseburgers
I like to experiment when making hamburgers and stuffing them with sharp Cheddar cheese makes them absolutely delicious. For lighter fare, I sometimes use a combination of lean ground beef and ground turkey. —Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger-size pretzel buns or hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chili sauce and chili powder, mixing
- lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties.
- Place 2 tablespoons cheese onto the center of each of four patties.
- Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on
- buns with cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 479 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,028 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.