I like to experiment when making hamburgers and stuffing them with sharp Cheddar cheese makes them absolutely delicious. For lighter fare, I sometimes use a combination of lean ground beef and ground turkey. —Deb Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger-size pretzel buns or hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chili sauce and chili powder, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties. Place 2 tablespoons cheese onto the center of each of four patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Chili Cheeseburgers in Taste of Home September/October 2013
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Favorite Chili Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review