- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger-size pretzel buns or hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine beef, chili sauce and chili powder, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/4-in.-thick patties. Place 2 tablespoons cheese onto the center of each of four patties. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns with cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Favorite Chili Cheeseburgers
"These burgers taste great and are easy to make. I used cheddar cheese on top instead of the nacho sauce. I will be making them again."
"Very tasty and juicy! I used American cheese top these . Also have made on stovetop and they were delicious!"
"These were good and simple to make"
"This burger is so simple and easy to make. It has great flavor and can easily be changed up to make your family happy. You change the sauce, seasonings, and cheese to make whole new burgers each time you make it. Love these kinds of recipes."