Whether I make enough for just the two of us or increase the amounts for a social occasion, I always get a request for this recipe. There's a nice mixture of flavors with the pickles and ripe olives, and a good crunch from the celery.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over two toast slices; top with lettuce and remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce August/September 2011, p52
Reviews for Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2013
"We prefer the old fashioned type of chicken salad and this fits the bill. I thought it might be too bland after reading the ingredients but it was very good except a bit salty for us. It's perfect for using up leftover chicken."