Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
Whether I make enough for just the two of us or increase the amounts for a social occasion, I always get a request for this recipe. There's a nice mixture of flavors with the pickles and ripe olives, and a good crunch from the celery.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over two toast slices; top with lettuce and remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 537 calories, 29 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC