Whether I make enough for just the two of us or increase the amounts for a social occasion, I always get a request for this recipe. There's a nice mixture of flavors with the pickles and ripe olives, and a good crunch from the celery.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spread over two toast slices; top with lettuce and remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwiches in Reminisce August/September 2011, p52
Reviews for Favorite Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2013
"We prefer the old fashioned type of chicken salad and this fits the bill. I thought it might be too bland after reading the ingredients but it was very good except a bit salty for us. It's perfect for using up leftover chicken."