Favorite Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1-3/4 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 packages (14.1 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
- Unroll a pastry sheet into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining pastry; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 potpies (8 servings each).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Chicken Pot Pie(75)
Sort By :
Fantastic! My whole family loved the flavor. Definitely a keeper.
This recipe was perfection! My husband could not say enough good things about it! He said "Now this is what a chicken pot pie should taste like!" I followed the recipe exactly. I did use Yukon Gold potatoes instead of a regular baking potato. At first, I thought I would cut the recipe in half as I didn't think I needed two pies worth, but I am so glad I went ahead and made both. The chopping is a bit time consuming, so I am glad that now I will get two meals out of this one night of work. I put the other pie in the freezer for the future and cannot wait to have it for a simple meal a few weeks from now. Loved this!
My husband told me this recipe was a keeper and i can't take the leftovers to work. I am really glad I picked this recipe to try. We loved it!!!
Really filling. I added some dill and parsley flakes for some more flavor. And I added some poultry seasoning to the broth for a little chicken flavor boost. Baked pie came out wonderful. Second pie into the freezer. Hope to enjoy that next month!
This was delicious and satisfying! I used my own crust recipie so I could make one large pie instead of two. Total hit and my family loved it! Great comfort food!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Potpie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >