“This dish was a favorite of mine at a local restaurant, but when I saw the recipe, I knew it was too rich for my family's diet,” writes Lynn Skilsky of Oro Valley, Arizona. “I made some healthy changes, and now it's one of my favorites.”
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine water and sun-dried tomatoes; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir shallot and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine or broth, olives, pesto and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and tomatoes; add to shallot mixture. Stir in chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Chicken Pasta in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Favorite Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review