Favorite Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine water and sun-dried tomatoes; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir shallot and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine or broth, olives, pesto and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- Combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta and tomatoes; add to shallot mixture. Stir in chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Favorite Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
Really good dish. I am not a huge fan of basil, so I used Sun-dried tomato pesto. Excellent! I have also substituted the chicken with left over steak or shrimp.
One of my favorites too! I may add extra pesto next time for more of the pesto flavor.
Love this recipe. I make it usually twice a month. My family does not care for sun-dried tomatoes, so we omit them. Yummy!!