Favorite Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. On a microwave-safe plate, microwave bacon until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towel. Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of chicken. Place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and mushrooms; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 369 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Chicken Breasts
"We agree, this is an excellent, easy dish to prepare. But we made a few modifications you might like to try. What's better than bacon? More bacon. One strip per breast just didn't seem enough. Add two more strips. And what are you going to do with the rest of that 10 oz. can of concentrated mushroom soup that has 2/3 cups missing? Put it all in there. While your at it, throw in the rest of that pint of fresh mushrooms that you just remove two mushrooms from. Then, in support of a healthy immune system, add two minced cloves of garlic. It will add only a small but interesting change in the flavor of the dish but will create an irresistible aroma while cooking which will have mouths watering for the final product. Finally, with only five minutes to go, sprinkle a liberal covering of cornflakes on top to give it a delightful texture. Try it. You'll like it."
"This is quite similar to a family favourite recipe of ours, but this one cooks in one third of the time! And its tasty and moist and has portions for 2 which is handy! This way we can cook for 2 or just multiply! Will definitely make this again (in fact, doing that right now!)"
"We knew from the first bite we would be making this dish in the future. In fact, we've already shared the recipe with friends who raved about the chicken."
"I seasoned the chicken with Montreal garlic seaoning and lightly browned it to a golden color before wrapping it in bacon. Delicious."