My kids, husband and nephews love these potatoes. I make a large batch in disposable pans and serve them at get-togethers— the holidays aren't the same without them. It's also a great recipe for brunch or a ham dinner.—Brenda Smith, Curran, Michigan
Featured In: 15 Favorite Easter Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup French onion dip
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, onion dip, milk, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; gently fold in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Just before serving, stir to combine and sprinkle with additional parsley. (Potatoes will thicken upon standing.)
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed, increasing covered time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Just before serving, stir to combine and, if desired, sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Favorite Cheesy Potatoes in Freezer Meals Bookazine 2013, p111
Reviews forFavorite Cheesy Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2016
"one of the best!!!'"