- 3-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 7 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup French onion dip
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 8-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix soup, onion dip, milk, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper; gently fold in potatoes and cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Just before serving, stir to combine and sprinkle with additional parsley. (Potatoes will thicken upon standing.)
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake as directed, increasing covered time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Just before serving, stir to combine and, if desired, sprinkle with additional parsley. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Favorite Cheesy Potatoes in Freezer Meals Bookazine 2013, p111
Reviews for Favorite Cheesy Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2016
"one of the best!!!'"