—Margaret Harris, Edgecomb, Maine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; remove from the heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa until smooth. Add the egg white, milk and vanilla; stir just until blended. Combine flour, baking powder and soda; stir into chocolate mixture just until blended. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Yield: 16 brownies.
Originally published as Favorite Cake Brownies in Country Woman May/June 2000
Reviews for Favorite Cake Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review