Favorite Cabbage Salad Recipe
I'VE BEEN SHARING this recipe for over 45 years! It's easy to make, keeps well and is great to take along for potluck suppers. Our family and friends enjoy this cabbage salad whenever I serve it. -Edna Culbertson, Jenison, Michigan
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir in bacon just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC