I'VE BEEN SHARING this recipe for over 45 years! It's easy to make, keeps well and is great to take along for potluck suppers. Our family and friends enjoy this cabbage salad whenever I serve it. -Edna Culbertson, Jenison, Michigan
Featured In: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir in bacon just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Cabbage Salad in Reminisce September/October 1998, p45
Reviews for Favorite Cabbage Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2009
"has a very nice crispy taste. Love it!!!"
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2008
"this recipe is a keeper, deliscious.thanks."