- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water and sugar. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt the white chocolate; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Bundt Cake
"Super quick and easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. One of the best "doctored cake mix" cakes I've ever had."
"I wanted a chocolate bundt cake. I substituted an organic chocolate cake mix and organic chocolate pudding mix instead of the vanilla mixes called for. I also added chopped nuts. The cake was moist and delicious. I took it to a function and everyone thought it was delicious."
"I enjoyed this cake. This is a good, moist cake. I like using mini chocolate chips, as I find that the regular sized sometimes sink to the bottom. It is easy to make."
"When you use a cake mix that's not a real recipe.You are using a store mix."
"This is one of the most richest, moist cakes we've ever had! I was looking for a sour cream lemon cake when I stumbled upon this recipe. I simply substituted lemon cake mix and pudding. Replaced the chocolate chips with a small teaspoon of poppy seeds.. This bundt cake is so delicious and sweet that it did not a frosting, just a beautiful dusting of powder sugar. This would make a wonderful brunch cake or alternative to a dessert table."
"Delicious cake, easy to make and super moist. I've made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks and it's always gone withing a day. I've also tried using a French Vanilla Cake mix with French vanilla pudding and the chocolate chips and then drizzling with melted chocolate and that was delicious as well. Thanks so much for the recipe."
"Lovely! So easy! Goes fast! I just dust it with confectioner's sugar and sometimes use flavored chips!"
"I think this will become my go-to recipe for a good doctored cake mix bundt cake... But with different pudding flavours instead to change it up each time (for example, lemon pudding with poppy seeds instead of chocolate chips, or keep the chocolate chips but maybe use butterscotch or vanilla pudding mix instead)... I also substituted a vanilla glaze for the white chocolate... All in all, very good, moist, will make again..."
"Years ago I had a yummy recipe for muffins using a yellow cake mix. This was not it, but we loved this too! I only had a small box of pudding and 3/4 cup sour cream. I used only 1/2 cup of oil. It was moist and delicious! I'm not a fan of white chocolate, so I just sprinkled it with powdered sugar. This is a great recipe -- fast, easy and tasty!"