"Fresh tasting...so colorful...delicious dressing" are some of the compliments I get whenever I serve this broccoli salad with a meal or take it to a church dinner. Although I use many other good salad recipes, I'm especially fond of this one. —Esther Shank, Harrisonville, Virginia
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, tomatoes, onion and eggs; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Broccoli Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1993, p37
Reviews for Favorite Broccoli Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review