Favorite Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Blackberry Cobbler(15)
Sort By :
Out of this world tasty. My first cobbler and it was a huge success.
This is a good recipe. It allows the blackberry flavor to come through. I did punch up the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp but I will be looking for a more complementary/flavor filled topping. We (the family) all agreed we wanted more there by the way of an oaty flavor or caramelized brown sugar. Found it easy to make though and it was good warm with cold vanilla bean ice cream!!
I made this cobbler with fresh-picked blackberries and my husband raved about it, saying that I can make it anytime for our family or guests! It was so easy to make and absolutely delicious! :-)
Have made this several times and turns out wonderful every time. Always good reviews from family and friends.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Cobbler >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Cobbler >
- Blackberry Cobblers >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Cobblers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >