Favorite Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped topping or ice cream) equals 305 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.