- 3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blackberries, sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Dot with butter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm, with whipped topping or ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Blackberry Cobbler
"No sure yet. It's still cooling, but the filling was so soupy. Much more filling than batter. Maybe using frozen berries was the problem and the recipe should have suggested less water? Doesn't look too promising and I'm stunned by all the positive reviews for this."
"This is just like the blackberry cobbler my mom used to make when I was a little girl (59 now). Delicious and will be the only recipe I use for cobbler from now on."
"The topping was soup! Do not use 1/2 cup milk. The recipe says till moist but I was in a hurry and just dumped in 1/2 cup WAY TOO MUCH. It is cooling now may be able to save it"
"This recipe is the best. I have made it a number of times since I found it last summer on Taste of Home and it is so easy and quick to make, and delicious to boot! Last week I had fresh peaches and used those in place of the blackberries, and it turned out every bit as good. Other than that I make no adjustments to the recipe."
"Used fresh wild blackberries. Delightful! Perfect texture, taste, and sweetness."
"So easy and DELICIOUS! It was gone in no time. Will definitely make it again & again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!"
"I made this with dewberries and served with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious and easy to make!"
"Out of this world tasty. My first cobbler and it was a huge success."
"This is a good recipe. It allows the blackberry flavor to come through. I did punch up the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp but I will be looking for a more complementary/flavor filled topping. We (the family) all agreed we wanted more there by the way of an oaty flavor or caramelized brown sugar. Found it easy to make though and it was good warm with cold vanilla bean ice cream!!"