Favorite Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Stir in the broth, tomato paste, sherry or additional broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Combine sour cream and flour; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup beef mixture with 3/4 cup noodles (prepared with reduced-sodium beef broth and reduced-fat sour cream; calculated without salt) equals 433 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Beef Stroganoff
"I truly loved this! Perfect for one person, made two dinners for me. The flavor is wonderful and it's a go to for stroganoff!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.