- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomato paste, sherry or additional broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Combine sour cream and flour; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Beef Stroganoff
"i made this and the sherry and tomato paste really gave it a great flavor. i will make it again"
"I love beef Stroganoff and I had about a pound of tenderloin pieces from Omaha Steaks so I looked up Stroganoff recipes for my mom. my nephew and his girlfriend and this was a hit. I served it with the salad with apples and homemade dressing from Taste of Home."
"I truly loved this! Perfect for one person, made two dinners for me. The flavor is wonderful and it's a go to for stroganoff!"