Favorite Beef Stroganoff Recipe
"This is one of my husband's favorite dishes," relates Carmen Edwards of Midland, Texas. "I like it because it has meat and vegetables, and the flavors work so well together. Sometimes we serve it over rice and add steamed asparagus or a salad for a great meal."
- 1/2 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in the broth, tomato paste, sherry or additional broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Combine sour cream and flour; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Drain noodles; top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Beef Stroganoff in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Favorite Beef Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review