Favorite Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut into 8 pieces each
- Salt and pepper
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Grill skin side down, uncovered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make barbecue sauce by heating oil over medium heat. Add onion; saute until tender. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Turn chicken; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 15-25 minutes longer, brushing frequently with sauce, until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in the breast and 170°-175° in the thigh. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 370 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Barbecued Chicken
"I made exactly as directed, and we enjoyed this barbecued chicken."
"I used sesame seed oil and it added just a little extra taste to this already delicious bbq sauce."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.