Favorite Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Salt and pepper to taste
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken skin side down, uncovered, on a greased grill rack over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make barbecue sauce by heating oil over medium heat. Add onion; saute until tender. Stir in remaining sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Turn chicken; brush with barbecue sauce. Grill 15-25 minutes longer, brushing frequently with sauce, until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in the breast and 170°-175° in the thigh. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 370 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Favorite Barbecued Chicken
"I made exactly as directed, and we enjoyed this barbecued chicken."
"I used sesame seed oil and it added just a little extra taste to this already delicious bbq sauce."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.