- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Banana Chip Muffins
"Delicious warm or room temperature!"
"Perfect name for this recipe! Made this favorite muffin many times. Out of necessity I have easily used oil with same great results. This is a quick recipe that can be made into lots of mini-muffins or impressive full size muffins. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home, I enjoy classic recipe that easily adapt to ingredients on-hand."
"Wonderful! I made it as a loaf, and it was delicious. I will make this recipe again."
"Very good. Will make again."
"A tasty, easy way to use ripe bananas!"
"Great recipe. I substituted applesauce for butter but other than that I followed it exactly. Great banana flavor. They freeze well also. Will definitely make again."
"easy, tasty and they freeze well!"
"This is an EXCELLENT recipe! I have made them since the recipe was first published last summer and they disappear quickly--my family absolutely LOVES them!"
"I have made these muffins ever since they were published in the June/July 2013 issue. They are amazing, moist, and super easy. These muffins disappear every time I make them! Also, my husband hates bananas and enjoys these muffins."