- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Banana Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"Great recipe. I substituted applesauce for butter but other than that I followed it exactly. Great banana flavor. They freeze well also. Will definitely make again."
"Easy, tasty and they freeze well!"
"Great recipe! Quick and easy to make, and tasted excellent!"
"This is an EXCELLENT recipe! I have made them since the recipe was first published last summer and they disappear quickly--my family absolutely LOVES them!"
"I have made these muffins ever since they were published in the June/July 2013 issue. They are amazing, moist, and super easy. These muffins disappear every time I make them! Also, my husband hates bananas and enjoys these muffins."