Favorite Banana Chip Muffins Recipe
These muffins are one of the first things my husband, U.S. Army Lt. Colonel John Duda Jr., gets hungry for when he’s home from deployment. I make sure to have the overripe bananas ready. They’re a family tradition. —Kimberly Duda, Sanford, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 207 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC