Favorite Banana Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Favorite Banana Chip Muffins(15)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe and sooo easy to make! I baked these yesterday for the first time and now have another batch in the oven. For the 2/3 c sugar: I only added 1/4c(the overly ripe bananas contribute to sweetness). Thank you for such a good recipe!
FABULOUS, and like many other reviewers, I have made these over and over since clipping the recipe! :) I'm off to make two more batches today...one to freeze and have handy for those crazy school mornings and another to make for a friend of mine as a treat! AWESOME recipe! Thanks!!
I have made this recipe half a dozen times. My family loves it! I have ended up doubling it and substituting some wheat and oat flour for the white. I also use mini chocolate chips and bake in mini muffin tins for 10 minutes. Great snack food!
I really liked these easy to make banana muffins. I only had a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on hand but it turned out to be the perfect amount for us. My toddler had fun helping to make them, and eating them too! I do feel like I overcooked them just a touch, and I took them out at 17 minutes. I will be making these again and I think I will check them at 15.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >
- Muffins >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Bread Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Breakfast Recipes >