These muffins are one of the first things my husband, U.S. Army Lt. Colonel John Duda Jr., gets hungry for when he’s home from deployment. I make sure to have the overripe bananas ready. They’re a family tradition. —Kimberly Duda, Sanford, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Favorite Banana Chip Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Reviews for Favorite Banana Chip Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review