- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Great base recipe. Per the previous reviews, I did use 46 ounces of sauce as opposed to the 24 ounces that the recipe suggested & it wasn't dry at all. Additionally, I made the following changes: 1/2 lbs. each of ground turkey & ground turkey sausage to replace the 1 lbs. of ground beef, ricotta replaced cottage cheese, 4 cups of 3 cheese blend instead of plain mozzarella, fresh garlic, fresh basil & thyme, crushed red pepper flakes in the sauce, romano instead of parmesan, &12 ounces of whole wheat pasta. Overall, it is a great base recipe that can easily be adjusted to fit your personal taste. I didn't realize that it made so much & since I am only cooking for one, I will definitely halve the recipe next time & freeze in individual portions."
"A huge hit with my family. This will be a regular event. I did use ricotta instead of cottage and I used some buffalo moz for an extra yum. I also used more sauce. A good easy recipe."
"Very good! Like many other reviewers I used Ricotta cheese instead of cottage. I also used a shredded 6 cheese Italian blend (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, asiago, fontina & romano) instead of just mozarella- and I used 3 cups instead of 4. You will also need more sauce for sure I used a 45 oz Ragu. 16 oz of spaghetti noodles is really too much, you could easily go with 12oz. This yielded a huge amount of baked spaghetti. I had a full LARGE glass casserole dish and had to bake the excess in another smaller glass pie casserole dish. Add or subtract ingredients as you see fit, but overall it's a delicious base recipe."
"Love it! Incredibly delicious! I add in a 14-1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes to the pasta sauce and that makes it saucy enough. I also add fresh minced garlic to the ground beef and onion and fresh minced parsley to the cottage cheese layer and on top."