- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"This was very good! I used double the sauce since the reviews said it could use more and turned out perfect. I will make this recipe again. Makes a large amount."
"I don't have a 3 qt dish, so I decided to halve the spaghetti and the sauce, but not the beef or the cottage cheese and mozzarella. I baked it in a 2-1/2 qt dish and it spilled out a little, but turned out so good!! Probably could have used more sauce, my fault, but it wasn't dry.....the ultimate comfort food and I will make this again, frequently!!!"
"This recipe was excellent!!! It was extremely easy to make, and better than using lasagna noodles. I will never make it using lasagna noodles again. Lasagna noodles can sometimes be rubbery or dry, but this recipe was verymoist. If you wait 20 minutes it will cut into squares so nicely. It was a hit with my family they said it was amazing!!!"
"This was fantastic! I never follow an exact recipe being a gourmet cook so I tweaked it alot. I added fresh tricolor peppers, fresh mushrooms, diced red onions and used half maple pork sausage and half ground sirloin and saut?ed them together with fresh garlic, parsley and rosemary. Used both ricotta and cottage cheese and layered it with 6 cheese Italian and mozzarella. Made a huge amount! Also doubled the sauce. My husband and teenager daughter devoured it and my husband has enough for lunches at work for a few days."
"Very good but needed more sauce as others stated. Makes a huge dish....I need to cut the recipe in half."