- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
"Good and easy"
"Way too dry. Just a clump of cheesy pasta. I will never make this again."
"A family Favorite! I cooked the meat when I brought it home from the store and froze it.Then a few days later when I was ready to try the recipe it was so easy and quick to assemble. I will use extra sauce and cheese next time and invite a few friends over to share the meal with!"
"TastyTOM you're confusing weights and volumes. 16 oz of cottage cheese is more compact volume-wise than 16 oz of shredded mozzarella.Hope that helps.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"Hi Louise Miller. Please explain how 2 cups gives you 16 ounces of cottage cheese but 4 cups gives you 16 ounces of mozzarella cheese. I mean, isn't 4 cups twice the amount of 2 cups? What am I not understanding? Thank you."