- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
A huge hit with my family. This will be a regular event. I did use ricotta instead of cottage and I used some buffalo moz for an extra yum. I also used more sauce. A good easy recipe.
Very good! Like many other reviewers I used Ricotta cheese instead of cottage. I also used a shredded 6 cheese Italian blend (mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, asiago, fontina & romano) instead of just mozarella- and I used 3 cups instead of 4. You will also need more sauce for sure I used a 45 oz Ragu. 16 oz of spaghetti noodles is really too much, you could easily go with 12oz. This yielded a huge amount of baked spaghetti. I had a full LARGE glass casserole dish and had to bake the excess in another smaller glass pie casserole dish. Add or subtract ingredients as you see fit, but overall it's a delicious base recipe.
Love it! Incredibly delicious! I add in a 14-1/2 ounce can of diced tomatoes to the pasta sauce and that makes it saucy enough. I also add fresh minced garlic to the ground beef and onion and fresh minced parsley to the cottage cheese layer and on top.
I tried this recipe for the first time. It was a big hit with my family. The only variations that I did was to add a can of diced tomatoes, a can of sliced mushrooms and a 45 oz jar of Prego meat flavored sauce, instead of the 24oz jar, stated in the recipe. I baked it a 50 minutes, with only 10 minutes uncovered. The casserole was moist enough, yet thick enough.
This is a DELICIOUS recipe that I will make again and again. Only one thing I would change and that is to add MORE spaghetti sauce as it was a little dry. I also had more sauce on the side to add to the top of each serving.