- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Sort By :
"I would like to try this. It looks so yummy. I do just have one question. Why the egg mixture?"
"Made this with a few changes. Used left over spaghetti sauce so did not do onion, beef, or peppers...parmigiano and cheddar cheese..also added italian seasoning to noodles and egg and Mozerella to cottage cheese. It got a definite thumbs up from my family."
"Very good. Family liked it, too! I think next time I will use a more flavorful spaghetti sauce and add a little bit more sea salt and pepper, as well. :)"
"Taste fantastic! My husband never comments on food too much, but we ate it again forlunch 2 days later and he said he forgot how good it was."
"Just plain AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!"