Favorite Baked Spaghetti Recipe
This yummy spaghetti casserole will be requested again and again for potlucks and family gatherings. It's especially popular with my grandchildren, who just love all the cheese. —Louise Miller, Westminster, Maryland
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt, baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 526 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 881 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC