- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Favorite Baked Spaghetti
"Made this tonight, it is awful. If I wanted dry lasagna I would have made it. Made and baked according to directions. The recipe is not a saver! I am 71 and have tried a lot of your recipes, but this is the worst! Don't waste your time, make lasagna! Linda"
"This was so easy to make and everyone loved it!! Have made it several times, and will make it again, I'm sure"
"I'm trying to understand where 191 people gave 5 star reviews. This was aweful. Been cooking for 40 years and my hubby and kids and foster kids all said this was the worst dish I've made. Followed the recipe exactly. I'm a devote Taste Of Home follower, but I'm questioning the "Test Kitchen Approved"! YIKES!!"
"The whole family loved it! I'll definitely make it again."
"Really enjoyed this recipe. Will definitely make this again. I did reduce the spaghetti to 12 oz. Perfect."
"Really yummy recipe, and so easy to make. My guests all loved it!"
"Good casserole to feed a crowd. I made a couple of adjustments - instead of spaghetti sauce from a jar, I sauteed fresh garlic along with the onions, used 2 cans of crushed tomatoes and seasoned it accordingly. I also swapped the cottage cheese for ricotta and mixed the ricotta in with the parmesan and eggs, omitting the butter. Be sure to serve with extra sauce!"
"I am planning to make this and will try substituting cream cheese for the cottage cheese. Some of my family like extra sauce, so I always have extra sauce heated up and available for those that want to add more sauce to their spaghetti serving. Sounds so good it's making my mouth water...."
"Good and easy"
"Way too dry. Just a clump of cheesy pasta. I will never make this again."